SONY FE 16-35mm f2.8 GM Lens
$2199 ex. VAT - $2595 inc. VAT
Ultimate Wide-Angle Versatility
Offering G Master performance in a compact, fast, and versatile form, the Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM is a wide-angle zoom covering ultra-wide to standard wide-angle fields of view. Ideal for a range of subjects, from landscape to lifestyle to architecture, the lens’s advanced optics and bright f/2.8 design pair with a flexible zoom design to suit working in a variety of shooting
Ultimate Wide-Angle Versatility
Offering G Master performance in a compact, fast, and versatile form, the Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM is a wide-angle zoom covering ultra-wide to standard wide-angle fields of view. Ideal for a range of subjects, from landscape to lifestyle to architecture, the lens’s advanced optics and bright f/2.8 design pair with a flexible zoom design to suit working in a variety of shooting conditions.
G Master Design
- As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field.
- Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements and three standard aspherical elements are incorporated into the optical design, which features superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Two ED elements are featured in the lens design and help to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
Practical and Intuitive Handling
- Two Direct Drive SSM (DDSSM) autofocus groups offer quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance that is ideal for both stills and video applications.
- Floating focusing system divides the focus group into two separately controlled groups and helps to maintain consistently clear optical performance throughout the zoom and focus ranges.
- Dedicated focus hold button and AF/MF switch for direct tactile control over focus settings.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Front element features a fluorine coating to guard against fingerprints and dust from adhering to it.
|Focal Length||16 to 35mm|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||107° to 63°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11″ / 28 cm|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 13 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Size||82 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.5 x 4.8″ / 88.5 x 121.6 mm|
|Length at Maximum Extension||5.4″ / 136.2 mm|
|Weight||1.5 lb / 680 g|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.